NW Works Mission:
Our mission is to empower adults with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment to build skills and secure and sustain meaningful employment.
The Benefits Coordinator/Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the administration of company benefits which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short and Long-term disability, Holidays, Paid Time Off, Retirement plans and promoting EAP. This position also administers FMLA, ADA, and worker’s compensation. The specialist will perform a variety of duties to promote employee welfare, such as resolving employee relation problems, promoting employee health and well-being, interviewing employees and discussing personnel, work-related problems that adversely affect morale, health, productivity, and meeting with management to determine appropriate action. The specialist will explain and provide advice to workers about company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and need for compliance. Partial telework is an option for this position.
- In conjunction with brokers, assist new employees in enrollment and distribution of all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility through Health Benefit Administration
- Assists in administration of benefit renewal packages with vendors and brokers
- Oversees the open enrollment process
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information; conducts census reports
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges and monthly reconciliation of all benefit plans
- Provides monthly government benefits eligibility and billing report
- ACA Reporting (1095’s) Retirement Plan Administration
- Work closely with TPAs, Brokers and Finance to administer the retirement plan and respond to inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts
- Track eligibility for participation and assist employees with enrollment of retirement planning
- Prepare census for annual 5500 reporting Leaves of Absences
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Processes all Worker’s Compensation claims
- Responsible for the OSHA Form 300 to record all reportable injuries and illnesses that occur in the workplace
- Attends conferences and meetings, as employee-management liaison, to facilitate communication between parties
- Providing ongoing support for the HR and Benefits Teams
- Conducts Harassment Free Workplace Policy training for all new hires, keeping current employees up to date on any changes
- Serve on Safety Committee
- Any other duties as assigned. This list may not be all inclusive
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and Google Suite
- Customer service oriented
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clear driving record and ability to meet minimum underwriting requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Associate's degree in human resources or related field; experience and/or other training/certification equivalent
- 4 years' experience in Human Resources and/or benefits administration
- Prior experience with Open Enrollments and Census Reporting
- Benefits portal experience for health and retirement plans
- Employee Relations Experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field of study
- SHRM or HRCI Certified Professional credential
- Experience with Health and Welfare fringe rates for government contracts
- 5+ years of experience with benefits and employee relations administration
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
NW Works will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Employment Statement:
NW Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a non-discrimination policy prohibiting discrimination in employment and the provision of services on the basis of the fact or perception of race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status or status with regard to public assistance.
NWW strictly follows the guidelines of Executive Order 11246 and our affirmation action plan is available for your review upon request.
NW Works is proud to offer competitive wages and a number of benefits, including a 401K with employer match; health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; health savings accounts; and a comprehensive employee assistance program. We also offer referral bonuses for current employees, so be sure to mention the name of the person who referred you in your application.