The Ambassadors are the Chamber’s premiere volunteer organization composed of high-energy, outgoing, and dynamic businessmen and women. The Ambassadors work together as a team to increase membership retention and to improve awareness of Chamber benefits. Ambassadors also act as hosts at Chamber events.
Are you interested in serving as a Chamber Ambassador? If so, please contact the Chamber office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 540-662-4118 X11.
Qualifications to become an Ambassadors:
- Must be a Chamber Member for at least 6 months or in your position for 3 months.
- Make a commitment of one (1) year to the TVRC Ambassador Program.
- Are expected to always conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Should be employed for at least 6 months with a member in good standing
- Would be approved by their employer to be an ambassador
- Should attend at least 75% (9) of monthly ambassador meetings
- Be willing to attend periodic monthly mixers and ribbon cuttings, new member meet and greet meetings.
- Would be able to make 2-3 calls per month to perspective or current members
Goals and Objectives
- Ambassadors drive new member development and retention efforts.
- Ambassadors share the value of membership; by promoting their companies and developing strong business relationships
- Recruit new members and help to retain existing members to build a stronger association by helping to gain full value of their membership
- Provide ongoing membership contact to help promote retention and encourage involvement
- Welcome and assist all TVRC members at meetings and/or events
- Visit new businesses and inform them of the benefits of becoming a TVRC member
- Promote TVRC membership and retention.
- Increased name and face recognition
- Increased networking opportunities
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
- Recognition via “Ambassador of the Year” and “Ambassador Spotlights.”
- Increased visibility within the community
- Better understanding of membership needs
- More involvement of existing Chamber Members
- Ability to manage events more effectively
- Increased recruitment opportunities
- Member retention
- Increased access to points of contact who can provide assistance and answer questions
- More frequent Chamber communication
- Potential for increased referrals
- Members will feel more connected to the Chamber